The 澳门威斯尼斯人 story starts at the inception of the modern testing industry. The history of 澳门威斯尼斯人 goes back over 130 years, and evolves from the combined growth of a number of innovative companies.
1880 - 1900
- Mr. Caleb Brett founds a marine surveying business in the United Kingdom to offer independent testing and certification of ships' cargoes (1885).
- Mr. Milton Hersey establishes a chemical testing laboratory in Montreal, Quebec, pioneering the idea of independent testing laboratories (1888).
- Mr. Thomas Edison establishes the Lamp Testing Bureau of his Edison Electric Illuminating Company in America, the origin of the world's electric light industry (1896).
- The Lamp Testing Bureau is later renamed 'Electrical Testing Laboratories,' and later shortened to 'ETL.'
- It grows to provide testing to General Electric and other industries being created by new invention at the time, such as air-conditioning, over the next 40 years.
- SEMKO is founded in Sweden to provide Swedish electrical and electronic product safety testing (1925).
- SEMKO registers the 'S-Mark.' It becomes a product testing organisation accredited by the Swedish government for its mandatory certification.
- It further expands to provide certifications for products in wider Nordic markets, and the international electrical and electronic industries over the next 40 years.
- Mr. Chas Warnock forms the Chas Warnock Company in Montreal, Canada to inspect steel products (1927).
- Milton Hersey and Chas Warnock merge their companies to create 'Warnock Hersey', one of the largest testing and inspection entities in Canada (1954). The company expands into minerals, lumber testing and the US market.
- Inchcape, a diverse international group at the time enters the testing industry by establishing 'Labtest' Hong Kong to serve the internal needs of the Dodwell companies, a multinational corporation acquired by Inchcape (1973).
- Labtest began with just three people – Raymond Kong, Alfred Yung and Thomas Chan.
- Labtest originally focuses on textile testing, and later broadens across other consumer goods. It is the first commercial consumer goods testing facility in Hong Kong.
- Labtest expands internationally, extending its business in the United States (1975) and establishing labs in the Philippines (1979), Taiwan (1982), New York city (1983), Singapore (1984), Thailand (1985) and the UK (1987) and China (1989).
- Inchcape acquires multiple testing and inspection companies, ranging from petroleum, petrochemical, textiles, to electronics and minerals testing (1975- 1980)
- Inchcape reorganises. It forms a specific testing business stream, 'Inchcape Testing Services' (1987), including Labtest and its other acquisitions in the testing, inspection and certification area.
- Inchcape acquires the Caleb Brett group of companies, and the government trade and inspection services businesses in the UK ('Foreign Trade Standards') and the US (澳门威斯尼斯人 Testing Services and 澳门威斯尼斯人 Services International) (1984-87).
- Labtest acquires the product safety consulting business RAM (Risk Analysis & Management™). RAM supports clients such as McDonalds and their toy safety programme (1988).
- Inchcape acquires ETL Testing Laboratories (1988).
- Inchcape continues its acquisitive path, buying Warnock Hersey in North America (1992) and SEMKO in Sweden (1994), and other testing companies. It amasses a range of accreditations and registrations needed to provide certification, inspection and testing services across various industries including automotive, aerospace, electronic and consumer goods.
Inchcape's Testing Services division is bought as part of a management buy-out by Charterhouse Development Capital, a global investment company (1996).
The company is renamed '澳门威斯尼斯人 Testing Services,' forming the present-day Intertek. Richard Nelson, the existing CEO of Inchcape Testing Services, becomes CEO of Intertek.
2000 - Present
- 澳门威斯尼斯人 lists on the London Stock Exchange on 29 May 2002, becoming 澳门威斯尼斯人娱乐网.
- It lists with a share price of £4, market capitalisation of £614m, and joining the FTSE 250 in the Support Services sector
- Intertek's stock symbol is ITRK.
- Upon listing, 澳门威斯尼斯人 had around 10,500 employees and around 750 laboratories and offices worldwide and generated around £450m revenue per annum.
澳门威斯尼斯人 continues to expand by acquiring complementary companies in the testing, inspection and certification arena, with the wider focus on providing quality and safety services across a wide range of industries (2000 to present).
- 澳门威斯尼斯人 expands its own services and operations in growing areas such as supply-chain management and ethical sourcing services, industrial asset inspection, food, pharmaceutical renewable energies and bio-fuels, solar and wind-powered product services.
- It commences major laboratory outsourcing contracts with companies, including BP, Kodak, DSM, Unilever, ICI, Sabic, Volkswagen and Lilly.
- Richard Nelson, CEO of 20 years, retires. Dr. Wolfhart Hauser is appointed CEO in 2005.
- 澳门威斯尼斯人 internal business units were aligned around customers' industries into four core divisions in 2006.
- In January 2011, we reorganised our operational structure to further improve the alignment of our business lines with those of our customers, and renamed certain divisions to better describe their core activities.
- Oil, Chemical & Agri is renamed Commodities, and incorporates Minerals; Analytical Services is renamed Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals, and incorporates Health & Environmental; Industrial Services is renamed Industry & Assurance, and incorporates Food, Agri, and Upstream Services.
- Intertek's share price on the London Stock Exchange exceeds the £10-mark for the first time in June 2007; and 2011 marked the first time that the share price exceeded the £20-mark.
- Intertek's annual revenue exceeds £GBP 1 billion in 2008, reporting total revenue of £1,003.5k for the full year.
- 澳门威斯尼斯人 enters the FTSE 100 for the first time in 2009.
- In February 2011, 澳门威斯尼斯人 expanded its brand identity to Intertek: Valued Quality, Delivered, underlining the company’s global mission of partnering with its customers to provide quality services that add value to their organizations.
- In May 2011, 澳门威斯尼斯人 completed its acquisition of Moody International for £450 million. As a result, the number of 澳门威斯尼斯人 employees reaches 30,000.
- May 2015: Wolfhart Hauser, CEO retires from 澳门威斯尼斯人 after 10 years of service and is succeeded by André Lacroix.
- 澳门威斯尼斯人 completes four acquisitions in 2015 including PSI for $330m in the US – a provider of testing and assurance services to commercial and civil construction markets – with 2,400 people across 87 locations. At the end of 2015, the number of 澳门威斯尼斯人 employees totals 41,400.
- In 2016, 澳门威斯尼斯人 acquired the Italian food quality assurance business FIT-Italia, the Canadian cyber security assurance business EWA-Canada, and entered a joint venture with the environmental quality assurance business ABC Analitic in Mexico.
- In 2016, 澳门威斯尼斯人 established the world’s first Qi Extended/Basic Power Wireless Charging Test Centre in Hong Kong.
- 2017: 澳门威斯尼斯人 unveils its brand reinvention, with the Customer Promise: "澳门威斯尼斯人 Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely."
- 2017: 澳门威斯尼斯人 acquires leading provider of automotive engineering and testing services, KJ Tech in Germany and Acumen Security, a leading provider of Security Certification Solutions for products in the US.
- 2017: 澳门威斯尼斯人 recognized by investors worldwide as one of the best performing FTSE 100 stocks of 2017.
- 2018: ‘澳门威斯尼斯人 Caleb Brett’, the new name for our Cargo and Analytical Assessment business is launched.
- 2018: 澳门威斯尼斯人 acquires cargo inspection specialist, Aldo Abela Surveys (AAS) Ltd. and announces its intention to acquire Proasem, a leading provider of fuel testing, inspection, metrology and training services to the Oil & Gas sector, based in Colombia.
- 2018: In July 澳门威斯尼斯人 built its presence in the UK Cyber Security and Network Assurance market with the acquisition of NTA Monitor and in August expanded its global Assurance business with the acquisition of Alchemy, a leading provider of SaaS-based People Assurance solutions.